xml-general mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: [xerces2] info about some packaging changes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:49:15 GMT
Hi Dims,

Just to make sure there's no possibility of confusion:  No version of
Xerces builds xml-apis.jar.  Xerces2 builds an API jar file that contains a
subset of the APIs represented in xml-apis.jar, and it gives that jar a
different name (xmlParserAPIs.jar for now) to make absolutely sure users
know what it's for.

As to what's stored in xml-commons:  my preference would be for us to wait
until DOM level 3 reaches a more stable level and SAX 2.0 finally reaches
r2 before deciding what to do.  I suspect it probably will make sense to
upgrade the API's in xml-commons at that point, but once we get there we'll
have a better view of the lay of the land; no sense in deciding that while
these API's are still in beta or working draft.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development