xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:21:06 GMT
Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> I have the following folks who have contacted me
> regarding their desire to be active members of the OASIS ebXML Registry
RI community:

>     Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM> - Sun Microsystems
>     Nikola Stojanovic <nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com> - Encoda
Systems
>     Sanjay Patil <SPatil@iona.com> - IONA
>     Suresh Damodaran Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com - Sterling Commerce
>     Jeff Benjamin <jbenjamin@ivertexo.com> - Ivertexo
>     Pae Choi <paechoi@earthlink.net> -
>     Joel Neu <jneu@vitria.com> - Vitria Technology
>     Joseph Okomba <Okomba@kabage.co.ke> - Kabage
>     Maimoona Mollah <mmollah@ggn.aithent.com>

How many of these people have even seen the proposed code base?
Contributed even a single line of code to the code base?

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  One thing I will say about the Apache community is that patience and
persistence pays off.  How far you are willing to pursue this generally
correlates well with how long lived and healthy the community will be.
>From my perspective, the current state of the proposal is that you are
proposing a code base that I can't see and listed a bunch of names that I
don't know and can't independently assess.