xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:41:35 GMT
Peter Kacandes wrote:

>  We had initially intended to start a regular open source project, but thought we
> might give Apache a first crack at it because we believe that the goals of ebXML
> align strongly with those of Apache and that the XML registry/repository project
> in particular has a great deal of synergy with other Apache XML projects.

I know of nothing inconsistent between the goals of ebXML and the goals of
Apache.

The only question that never was resolved was whether a community has or
will form around this code base.

The one suggestion I would for people making such proposals in the future
is to be active in mailing lists for the projects which you consider to be
related to yours during the development of your project.

- Sam Ruby