xml-general mailing list archives

From Robert Stuart <Robert.Stu...@NFER-NELSON.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Vote] XML Database Project Name
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 08:22:14 GMT
I'm happy with Xindice (this is not a vote - I can not vote twice for the
same thing ;-))

-----Original Message-----
From: Kimbro Staken [mailto:kstaken@dbxmlgroup.com]
Sent: 01 November 2001 04:14
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Vote] XML Database Project Name

I don't like Xilo but Silo on its own actually isn't a bad name. However,
as far as I know we have enough votes to move forward with Xindice. This
is especially true when you consider the 7 +1s that came within the
current dbXML user community. We considered about 30 different names
before choosing this one.[snip]

On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 06:48 AM, Bob Jamison wrote:

> Robert Stuart wrote:
>
>> Xilo - pronounced as Silo, as in repository?
>> (IIf it has not been used elsewhere.)

[snip]