xml-general mailing list archives

From Bentley Drake <bent...@nightfire.com>
Subject FW: FW: Crimson 1.1.3 bug and behavior changes?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:16:45 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Bentley Drake
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 7:21 PM
To: 'Edwin Goei'
Subject: RE: FW: Crimson 1.1.3 bug and behavior changes?

Edwin,

I tried an alternative Document copy implementation using Crimson v 1.1.3
that appears to work.  Here is the code snippet:

        XmlDocument copy = new XmlDocument( );

        DocumentType dt = source.getDoctype( );

        if ( dt != null )
            copy.setDoctype( dt.getPublicId(), dt.getSystemId(),
dt.getInternalSubset() );

        copy.appendChild( copy.importNode( source.getDocumentElement(), true
) );

The code shown above doesn't throw the exception seen earlier when executed.
Unfortunately, it uses one XmlDocument-specific call (setDocType()).  If
there is an alternative means of setting the DOCTYPE information on the
cloned document, i'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks,

Bentley