xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] WASP Lite on Apache?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:56:52 GMT
Anne Thomas Manes wrote:

> Excellent idea. We'd have to come up with a new name for the current Axis
> project so as not to give it preferential name recognition.

I don't get it: what's "preferential" in using a name that is already
recognized and already has a community around?

> I also like the idea of getting some ebXML projects going.

well, not for the sake of political balance only: they still *must*
adhere to our community standards before entering, even if, code
donation to an existing subproject require much less strict community
standards since the subproject community will take care of
merging/workin-on the code.

> The WASP framework is designed to be XML Protocol independent, so it could
> be used to implement an ebXML Message Service implementation. I'll see if I
> can recruit a community for such a project.

cool

> Perhaps we'd like to revisit Peter Kacandes's poll to submit ebXML reg/rep
> (which is now at SourceForge)?

Up to the Axis community at this point, but I'd suggest doing one code
merging at a time.

> Shall we move this discussion to the axis-dev list?

When everybody agrees on this, yes.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.