xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: JAXP (in)compatability between Xerces and Crimson
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:43:06 GMT
Andy Carlson wrote:

> Shane,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Looks like there may be hope on the horizon!

BTW, not everyone agrees that having a separate xml-apis.jar file is the
best way to go.  I initially thought it was a good idea, but have since
changed my mind.  You can read some postings on this issue in the
archives of general@xml.apache.org.  My current opinion is that both the
API classes and the implementation classes should be packaged into a
single jar, just like xerces.jar works now and the current 1.1.3 version
of crimson.jar.

However, if there are people who want to release an xml-apis.jar file,
even though I don't think that is the best solution, I won't try to stop
them either.  BTW, even though I don't want to use xml-apis.jar, I still
support xml-commons to keep the latest version of the JAXP javax API
classes and SAX and DOM interface classes.

WRT your JBoss problem, I'd suggest asking on a JBoss list.

-Edwin