xml-general mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Log4J
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 13:22:39 GMT
Off-topic on this list, but you should also check the latest changes in
Jakarta Avalon : there's an abstract interface for logging that has
implementations for LogKit (Avalon's own logging package), Log4J and JDK
1.4 logging. This allows to design your code independently of the actual
logging toolkit used and choose it at deployment time.

"Rouwendaal, Fernand" a écrit :

> Our product OptimalJ makes use of Log4J, particularly in the testing and
> deployment area.
>
> A brief explanation may illustrate...
>
> OptimalJ is an IDE that accelerates J2EE application development &
> deployment by a model driven, pattern based architecture.
>
> Testing:
>   The generated J2EE application can be tested inside the IDE. For this
> purpose, we have embedded the Log4J socket server in the IDE:
>   Logging output from the different tiers (EJB, WEB) is channeled into one
> single Output Window.
>
> Deployment:
>   Logging code (and the log4J deployment engine) make up part of the
> assembled J2EE application.
>
> You can have a look at www.compuware.com/optimalJ or
> http://javacentral.compuware.com for a free trial download.
>
> Regards,
>
>         - Fernand.

> Fernand Rouwendaal - Compuware Corporation
> www.compuware.com/products/optimalJ

Sylvain Wallez