xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:58:32 GMT
"Theodore W. Leung" wrote:

> Okay,
>
> To date, I've seen very little comment from current xml.apache.org
> committers, and a few comments from the XML PMC.  Also, Stefano has
> raised some concerns about the community aspects of this proposal.
>
> Given the low-level of interest and Stefano's concerns, it seems like
> the course of action that we're on is to not accept this proposal at
> this time, see if a community develops around this project, and revisit
> this once a community has been established.
>
> Is this an accurate reflection of what people are thinking?

Yep.

At the same time I want to repeat that my personal concern is nothing
about technical issues but community issue and this is nothing against
Sun and I think I can be trusted since I don't have any hat on.

For those who expressed their intention to participate: go on! this is
where you can make a difference: if you really care about the project,
we'll notice. So, next time the situation will be totally different.

But please understand our concerns: if we were to land here all projects
that are submitted, Apache will turn into a cimitery where the ratio of
live/dead projects is so big that the value is diluted and people run
away.

So, if you subscribed here because you think Apache gives quality to the
code is because of healthy development communities, not because of us
members or because of corporations being friendly with us and donate a
bunch of resources.

So, people, I'm not being sarcastic when I with the best luck to this
effort, but, believe me, I've seen so many projects dying that I've
learned to be very patient and very critical.

But I hope you understand the reasons behind it.

Thanks.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.