xml-general mailing list archives

From Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Na...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:53:55 GMT
Theodore,

On the contrary I feel that there is a strong community ready to roll up their sleeves
and start on this project full steam. I have the following folks who have contacted me
regarding their desire to be active members of the OASIS ebXML Registry RI community:

    Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM> - Sun Microsystems
    Nikola Stojanovic <nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com> - Encoda Systems
    Sanjay Patil <SPatil@iona.com> - IONA
    Suresh Damodaran Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com - Sterling Commerce
    Jeff Benjamin <jbenjamin@ivertexo.com> - Ivertexo
    Pae Choi <paechoi@earthlink.net> -
    Joel Neu <jneu@vitria.com> - Vitria Technology
    Joseph Okomba <Okomba@kabage.co.ke> - Kabage
    Maimoona Mollah <mmollah@ggn.aithent.com>

It should also be noted that 5 of the above commiters are authors of the OASIS ebXML
Registry specifications.

I am not sure that I would interpret that as a low level of interest.

I would be grateful if someone can explain the process and criteria Apache uses to
make a decision
on whether the project is accepted or not as a sub-project in XML project. What is the
magic number of committed
community members that sways the decision?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh