xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: website++: some fixes
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:26:08 GMT
max@corrosive.co.uk wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> I've followed Hugh suggestion and switched the CSS to use
> small-medium-large. Please verify the font size is ok now.

Much better.  If everything is using relative sizing, then I
can fine-tune the results on my browser to reflect what I
personally like.

I think this is good for a start.  I am working on simplifying
the markup, and will post the results when I am done.  The simplified
markup should work on both types of browsers.

> At 9:11 AM -0500 11/5/01, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >However, The text in the body could stand to be a little larger.
>
> At 2:03 PM +0000 11/5/01, Hugh Greene wrote:
> >My only other comment is: *please* don't set font-size (or
> >line-height) using "px" units in CSS, because it looks unreadably
> >small on large displays.  You probably shouldn't need to set the
> >default font size at all, and even "pt" is risky, because Mac and PC
> >measure that differently.  You could use "small" and "x-small"
> >without too much problem, though, I expect.
>
> At 3:18 PM +0100 11/5/01, Henning von Bargen wrote:
> >The body text is a bit too small, quite hard to read.
>
> At 9:32 AM -0500 11/5/01, timtwwatts@netscape.net wrote:
> >although I agree with the comments that the font size needs to be a
> >bit larger.
>
> I've also redesigned the logo/title area of the page: it should now
> maintain the shape even at larger fonts.
>
> At 2:03 PM +0000 11/5/01, Hugh Greene wrote:
> >... if you set the font size really large (as I do on my big monitor
> >sometimes), the "The Apache XML Project" logo at the top left gets
> >spread out into 3 pieces.  If you care, you could fix this with more
> >table nesting, I suppose (or a rowspan):
> >
> >+----+----
> >|    |+---
> >|    ||
> >|    |+---