xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: website++: a working sample
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:11:27 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> max@corrosive.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > I've implemented design 3v1 into html:
> >
> > http://www.corrosive.co.uk/xml_apache_org/site/
> >
> > I've just done 2 pages, index.html and news.html, to give you an idea
> > of how the navigation and layout works.
> >
> > There are the usual differences between Netscape and IE display of
> > the code (Netscape doesn't implement the width="100%" properly and
> > also seems to get confused by table backgrounds... IE does definitely
> > a better job... sigh!) but apart from that it seems pretty much to be
> > working as expected.
>
> If we can get that working I think we have a winner!
>
> The only anomoly in Netscape was the top and bottom of the navigation
> area.
>
> It loaded pretty quickly, so I appreciate that.

It printed nicely as well.  The navigation bar isn't as obtrusive, and the
text does not seem to get cut off.

However, The text in the body could stand to be a little larger.  I don't
mind the navigation stuff to be small--otherwise it can easily get in
the way (look at jakarta.apache.org and some of the navigation titles
there).

Both the printed and screen versions can be hard to read if you don't
have a hi-res display.  Perhaps you only need to bump it up a point
or two.