xml-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:00:26 GMT
Pae,

Please read the Mission/Charter @ http://xml.apache.org/mission.html

"A new subproject proposal is submitted to the PMC, accepted by majority
committer vote, and then subject to final approval by the PMC."

The Mission/Charter is very clear on when/how we accept a new subproject.

There are reasons why the initial proposal was submitted here and not just dumped into say
SourceForge. One of them is that Apache/XML/Jakarta has a good track record of getting stuff
out
that is usable in the real world.

Showing interest in what is going on here by particpating in various related technologies
(like
Axis in this case) is a first important step for an individual/group.

We just want to be sure about things before we can commit to the long haul. If you are really
passionate you should post your case and get people interested. If you are REALLY interested
and
committed then you should be ready to bear the scrutiny.

First of all logically, Do you think there any way you will get support (as is required for
project to be accepted) from exising Apache Committers if you pursue the negative path?

Thanks,
dims
XML-PMC Member.

=====