xml-general mailing list archives

From "Theodore W. Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:58:12 GMT
On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 13:53, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> Theodore,
>
> On the contrary I feel that there is a strong community ready to roll up their sleeves
> and start on this project full steam. I have the following folks who have contacted me
> regarding their desire to be active members of the OASIS ebXML Registry RI community:
>
>     Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM> - Sun Microsystems
>     Nikola Stojanovic <nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com> - Encoda Systems
>     Sanjay Patil <SPatil@iona.com> - IONA
>     Suresh Damodaran Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com - Sterling Commerce
>     Jeff Benjamin <jbenjamin@ivertexo.com> - Ivertexo
>     Pae Choi <paechoi@earthlink.net> -
>     Joel Neu <jneu@vitria.com> - Vitria Technology
>     Joseph Okomba <Okomba@kabage.co.ke> - Kabage
>     Maimoona Mollah <mmollah@ggn.aithent.com>
>
> It should also be noted that 5 of the above commiters are authors of the OASIS ebXML
> Registry specifications.
>
> I am not sure that I would interpret that as a low level of interest.

The level of interest from folks who want to work on an ebXMLRR project
is high, but there has not been a strong expression of interest from the
existing xml.apache.org community.

> I would be grateful if someone can explain the process and criteria Apache uses to
> make a decision
> on whether the project is accepted or not as a sub-project in XML project. What is the
> magic number of committed
> community members that sways the decision?

In order for a project to be accepted, a majority of the existing
xml.apache.org committers for the xml subproject must vote to accept the
project, subject to final approval by the PMC.  See http://
xml.apache.org/mission.html.

Ted