xml-general mailing list archives

From "Pae Choi" <paec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:31:50 GMT
I believe that there are more than enough people subscribing this
and the related ones. I am well awaring that. And I hope all others
do as well.

This message is not intended to create a flaming war or any
similar result at all. So do not get the wrong idea.

First, just because folks called apchae committers do not
show much their interests, is that mean they know everything
and know better than any other folks in our community(the
true and a single community, not the specific apache community).

In other words, are those apache committers truely qualify to make
decision for everything? Is that what you folks impling? Huh..

Second, how many folks known as apache committers read
the ebXML specifications? How many do you have who truely
understand the philosophy and subsequent benefits of ebXML?

Third, how many of folks known as Apache Committers think
their designing, coding, and any other activities related to
software-intensive solution development better than any other
folks ouside of the community of apach committers.

I have seen chunks of low quality code developed by the folks
known as Apache Committers, and seen many of quality soutions
came from the folks -- not known as formal apache committers.

Let us NOT forget that people have different talents because
they are different. In other words, we learn from each other and
help each other. Sometimes(if not in most of cases for some
ones) the adults can even learn a lot from the children. Some
adults deny the existence of opportunities in learning from
different people, including children, etc. That's because they
just do not know better. Simple as that.

P.S.: Sam, if you think your coding skill is better than any other
folks, provide the urls where we can see your coding works. I
will be more than happy to review your coding skill, including
the design level. And  I am sure there are more than enough
people who will not mind do so as well.