xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald_Les...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Old links
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:02:17 GMT

Ted,

I wouldn't bother to update any part of Xalan doc on xml-site. I have not
updated xml-site/sources for ages, so anything there, including the links
are out of date.

I used to update xml-site/targets each time we did a release. Then I would
use cvs to update the website, but once the website was moved to a
different server, that no longer worked, so I stopped bothering to update
xml-site/targets. I did ask on the "general" mailing list how we were
supposed to update the website, but I received no answer. Accordingly I
update our website for each release by using ftp to transfer a zip to the
site, and unzipping this file on top of the previous html files. Doesn't
sound quite right, but I don't know any other way to do it!

So I enthusiastically agree that there should be 1 (not 2) places where we
can put the generated doc and automatically (or at least easily) update our
portion of the website. Given that the sources are in cvs, I don't think
the generated files also need to be in cvs. The pain of checking in a whole
doc tree (I'm including the api doc) is considerable!

 I will continue on the dirlayout thread.

-- Don Leslie

"Ted Leung" <twleung@sauria.com> on 10/25/2001 02:24:05 PM

Please respond to general@xml.apache.org