xml-general mailing list archives

From Kimbro Staken <ksta...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject [Vote] XML Database Project Name
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:48:36 GMT
Since we're not going to use the name dbXML going forward, the proposed
XML database project needs a new name. As part of contributing the dbXML
code to the project, the dbXML community wanted to propose the new name to
get things started. We came up with a bunch of names last week and our
general mailing list voted to choose the name Xindice. The pronunciation
we came up with is, zen-dee-chay. The word indice is Italian and Spanish
for index.

I'd like to propose that the name Xindice be adopted for the new XML
database project.

Initial committers coming from the dbXML project will be:

Tom Bradford bradford@dbxml.org
Kimbro Staken kstaken@xmldatabases.org

Kimbro Staken
The dbXML Project