xml-general mailing list archives

From timtwwa...@netscape.net
Subject Problem importing DocumentFragments
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:30:23 GMT
I believe I have run into a bug in Crimson. I get an exception when I try to import a DocumentFragment
node that contains a child element which has attributes.

Here's the output for the test case I've isolated:
D:\J\Projects\bco>java DOMImportTest
org.apache.crimson.tree.DomEx: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: This node isn't allowed there.
        at org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument.changeNodeOwner(XmlDocument.java:1156)
        at org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument.importNode(XmlDocument.java:1293)
        at DOMImportTest.main(DOMImportTest.java:72)
FAILED to import and/or insert <DF1> doc frag!
Imported and inserted <DF2> doc frag successfully!
Imported and inserted NON-doc frag successfully!

I'm also attaching a small program that reproduces the bug as well as a test doc. If what
I'm seeing is not a bug can someone explain why this is reasonable behavior?

Thanks for your time.