xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: website++
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:52:47 GMT
"Theodore W. Leung" wrote:

> I must be dense.  Here are my directory listings for the two directories
> you listed.
>
> [dev:~/work/ASF/jakarta-avalon/src/documentation/stylesheets] (2048) >
> ls
> CVS            docbook2body.xsl  document2docbook.xsl  system
> book2menu.xsl  docbook2fo.xsl    site2xhtml.xsl
>
> [dev:~/work/ASF/xml-cocoon2/documentation/stylesheets] (2005) > ls
> CVS                   copyover.xsl       filterlinks.xsl  script.js
> book2menu.xsl         document2html.xsl  printer_skin     site2xhtml.xsl
> changes2document.xsl  faq2document.xsl   script-cli.js
> todo2document.xsl
>
> I don't see Stylebook2Docbook.xsl or DocBook2xhtml.  When I poked
> around, it looks like the docmentation is still in Stylebook format.
> Can you explain in a little more detail how the stylesheets are applied?

The document2docbook.xsl is the Stylebook to Docbook transformation.

In Avalon, the Developing with Avalon documentation is in DocBook format,
but the rest of the site hasn't been converted yet.  For backwards compatibility,
the document2docbook.xsl is applied first, then the docbook2*.xsl file.

Cocooners haven't yet converted to DocBook, but if you want to see it
in action, check out Avalon (jakarta.apache.org/avalon).  It's documentation
build facility uses DocBook.

One day real soon, we will apply the Stylebook to DocBook conversion once
and for all and all the docs will be in DocBook Article format.