xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: website++
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:31:25 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> BTW, Cocoon and Avalon use Cocoon to generate their sites.  There
> is a Stylebook2Docbook.xsl file, as well as DocBook2fo.xsl and
> DocBook2xhtml.xsl
>
> The hard work has been done for you!

Yup, one advantage to using docbook or simplified docbook.

However, while trying to use it myself, I ran into these two downsides:

  + not as familiar as XHTML so I had to look markup tags up in the
    DocBook manual.  This is probably true for any other XML schema
    that is chosen, though and at least there is a manual.

  + more complex, because it does more.

However, I believe it supports tags for FAQs and other types of
documents and is in common use.

-Edwin