xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] XML Database Project Name
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:49:45 GMT
shyutz@ms1.hinet.net wrote:

> Hi,
> Xindice might be great name, but strange pronunciation, I still can not pronounce Xerces,
Xalan,.. properly. BTW, would u kindly tell me the correct pronunciation of 2 words just mentioned.

:)

The italian pronounciation for "indice" is something along the lines of

  een-dee-che

"een" as "james dEEN"

"dee" as "DEE dee bridgewater"

"che" as "CHE Guevara"

the X is pronounced in italian as

 eecs

(no equivalent english name found, sorry) almost like an 'ee' and 'x'
glued together.

So the name is

 ee-x-een-dee-che

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.