xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pb with Crimson.
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:30:14 GMT
Cedric.Pulrulczyk@alcatel.fr wrote:
>         I have a problem with Crimson. :
>         When I have :
>         <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8"?><SUMMARY>Cela est un resum&eacute;</SUMMARY>
>         Crimson return my XML is not well formed. why ?

You would have a problem with any XML parser, I think. The
"eacute" general entity is defined in HTML which is a grammar
defined using SGML. XML only defines five built-in entities
by default: "lt", "gt", "amp", "quot", and "apos". If you
want to use other entities, then you must declare them in
the DTD, either using the internal subset or referencing an
external subset.