xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [vote] A native XML database project under Apache
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:00:42 GMT
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> while the world of native XML databases is full of marketing hype and
> promises, it is evident (for all those who tried) that mapping general
> XML schemas to relational databases can be sometimes very painful and
> not very efficient.
<snip/>

+1 for the general idea (but I'm not a committer), *but* before we can
really vote we'll have to get several things clear (others already
mentioned a lot of them).

My personal opinion about the programming language: C/C++! Java is far
too slow. But the database must have built-in APIs for C/C++, Java,
Perl, Python and Tcl/Tk, maybe more.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker