xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New SAX2 release out
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 04:24:25 GMT
Edwin Goei wrote:
> Hmmm, I must have missed your original post regarding this issue.  Could
> you give some reasons?  I'm not fully convinced what the right solution
> is in keeping trees in sync with external source code.

Besides all of the excellent examples given by Shane,
I think it's important to always be able to re-create
previous builds. And that won't work if the build just
grabs the latest source from the commons module.

So I say this should be decided by the projects. If
each project wants to pull the latest sources from CVS,
or include their dependencies in their own code base,
or work out a system that pulls a tagged version of the
common code from CVS, I say that's fine but the decision
should be left to the project developers.