xml-general mailing list archives

From Rock VZ <roc...@yahoo.com>
Subject conditions in XML
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 06:56:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to xml.

What is the best way to structure conditions in XML.
For instance if i have 3 elements a,b,c
<a>
 <contents> aaa </contents>
</a>
<b>
 <contents> bbb</contents>
</b>
<c>
 <contents> ccc </contents>
</c>

how do i include rules in the xml doc to say that
i> display either a OR b OR c contents in a GUI if
their contents are not empty as part of the xml doc or
a dtd.
ii> display b only if the contents of c is "ccc"

Basically i want my program logic as part of my xml
document so that the program can be generic and the
end user will need only to edit a xml document and not
the sorce code that parses it.

I want the processing rules also part of the xml data.
is this possible?

thanks
rock

=====