xml-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Crimson] how to determine DTD declarations are internal or external?
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:26:57 GMT
Hi Edwin

> > I take it this is a bug in Crimson? Or is there another way to know when
you
> > are getting internal or external DTD declarations - that works
consistently
> > for Crimson and Xerces and can handle mixed subsets (internal and
external)?

> Yes, looks like a Crimson bug.  Not sure I have time to fix it right
> now.

Me neither ;-)

> Do you happen to have a patch?  Else, I'll add it to my to do
> list.  When do you need a fix?

Its no big deal right now, so long as its flagged and gets fixed at some
time is fine with me. Basically in dom4j I'd like the default be to turn all
internal DTD delcarations into part of the object model so that proper round
tripping of documents occurs though since this feature doesn't work yet
against Crimson I've disabled it for now. As soon as it works in Crimson
I'll flick the switch.

I'm fairly fully loaded for a week or so; after then I might have time to
look into the Crimson code base and try figure out a fix.

James