xml-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [Crimson] how to determine DTD declarations are internal or external?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:37:40 GMT
The startDTD() method of the SAX LexicalHandler

http://dom4j.org/javadoc/org/xml/sax/ext/LexicalHandler.html

says on the topic of DTD declarations:-

    Declarations are assumed to belong to the internal DTD subset unless
they appear between startEntity and endEntity events.

Now I've tried using this technique to implement internal and external DTD
subsets for dom4j, there's details here:-

http://dom4j.org/todo.html

This all appears to work hunky dory for Xerces but for Crimson all DTD
declarations appear to be internal, whether coming from internal or external
source. i.e. I never get a startEntity/endEntity events to define the
external declarations.

I take it this is a bug in Crimson? Or is there another way to know when you
are getting internal or external DTD declarations - that works consistently
for Crimson and Xerces and can handle mixed subsets (internal and external)?

James
.