xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ravi Trivedi" <triv...@india.hp.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] UDDI4J on Apache?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:06:41 GMT

+1 from my side too. :-)

Regards,
Ravi Trivedi

=>>-----Original Message-----
=>>From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
=>>Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 4:01 PM
=>>To: general@xml.apache.org
=>>Subject: [POLL] UDDI4J on Apache?
=>>
=>>Background:
=>>
=>>   UDDI4J is an existing Open Source project, hosted on IBM
=>>DeveloperWorks
=>>   and under the IBM Public License.  Details, including
=>>source code, can
=>>   be found at
=>>http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/uddi4j.
=>>   More information on the specification which this code
=>>implements can be
=>>   found at http://www.uddi.org/.
=>>
=>>   Another company has approached IBM and expressed an interest in
=>>   contributing, but expressed reservations based on where it
=>>was hosted,
=>>   and requested that we consider transferring it to a neutral
=>>location.
=>>
=>>   As this code complements and works closely with Apache SOAP
=>>and Axis,
=>>   Apache seemed like a natural fit.  This other company
=>>readily agreed.
=>>
=>>   Approximately six active developers are associated with
=>>this project at
=>>   this time.  We expect this number would increase should it
=>>be accepted
=>>   as an Apache XML subproject.
=>>
=>>General Approach:
=>>
=>>   Java package names would be renamed to org.apache.uddi.
=>>
=>>   All Java source files will contain headers based on the
=>>ones found in
=>>   the Apache SOAP package (essentially the Apache license)
=>>
=>>   The cvs repository, mailing list, and the web site will
=>be hosted on
=>>   apache.org
=>>
=>>Comments, questions, concerns?