xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Problems with crimson
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:13:29 GMT
---- you "Ricardo Olanda" <rolanda@glup.irobot.uv.es> wrote ----
> I ha used a Java applet and when I do :
> "DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();"
The console say me:
> "com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[AddRemove.init]:
java.io.IOException:
> bad path: C:\WINDOWS\Java\lib\jaxp.properties
> at com/ms/security/permissions/FileIOPermission.check
> (FileIOPermission.java)
> " How can I get a jaxp.properties file?
> Thank you.

You shouldn't need a jaxp.properties file - the JAXP factory discovery code
in javax.xml.parsers and javax.xml.transform looks for a default
implementation in several ways, including attemping to load a
jaxp.properties file if one exists.  I think that this exception should
have been caught and ignored, since JAXP should have gone onto the next
step of it's factory discovery code.

Hmmm - I would have thought that Edwin would have answered this at his neat
JAXP FAQ at http://xml.apache.org/~edwingo/jaxp-faq.html  but it's not
really there.  I think he's away from the office this week, but should come
back with a better answer later.

- Shane