xml-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew Anand" <anand.and...@fedex.com>
Subject RE: form field data "bound" to XML nodes?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:38:01 GMT
RE: form field data "bound" to XML nodes?Namballa, Revathipathi ,

I want to know something in this regard.
Referring to step 3 you mentioned below,
"Step3: Form the XML the way you want. "

My question:

Discussion : I want to build this XML conforming to the pre-existing DTD
using these value pairs of input of HTTP request or in general.

1)How can I start building the XML which needs to be well-formed and valid
against this DTD eventually.
2)Can I create an empty XML built from the pre-existing DTD and populate the
values ?

Any ideas.
Andrew

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Namballa, Revathipathi [mailto:rnamballa@templeton.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 2:10 PM
  To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: form field data "bound" to XML nodes?

  Hi,

  if it is coming as a HTTP request you can take the request object and
convert it into an XML message.

  Step1: Get the request object(HTTPRequest).
  Step2: From the request object get the name value pairs using the methods
of the HTTPRequest     object.
  Step3: Form the XML the way you want.

  you can actually write java methods where in you can just input the name
value pair as parameters and it builds the XML and keeps on appending the
new name value pairs.

  if you want more details please write back.

  --RP