xml-general mailing list archives

From "David Lindquist" <dlindqu...@softroots.com>
Subject RE: form field data "bound" to XML nodes?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:46:38 GMT

I am trying to hard-code as little as possible into the Java code while
avoiding having form fields with ridiculously long and complex names.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Namballa, Revathipathi [mailto:rnamballa@templeton.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 12:10 PM
  To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: form field data "bound" to XML nodes?

  Hi,

  if it is coming as a HTTP request you can take the request object and
convert it into an XML message.

  Step1: Get the request object(HTTPRequest).
  Step2: From the request object get the name value pairs using the methods
of the HTTPRequest     object.
  Step3: Form the XML the way you want.

  you can actually write java methods where in you can just input the name
value pair as parameters and it builds the XML and keeps on appending the
new name value pairs.

  if you want more details please write back.

  --RP