xml-general mailing list archives

From "Dean H. Saxe" <d...@fullfrontalnerdity.com>
Subject RE: XSLT Processing of a node...twice
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:35:58 GMT
At 02:10 PM 9/24/01 -0700, you wrote:
>TransformerHandlerImpl implements ContentHandler and it gets set as the
>ContentHandler of an XMLFilter somewhere.  I'm just not exactly sure
>where at the moment.  I meant to look at the actual type rather than the
>declared type.  Also, I'd like to take this discussion over to the
>xalan-j-users list since that is where it really belongs.
>
>Gary

Gary,

Good plan moving this to the Xalan list... I just found it yesterday.

Anyway, to recap for those who missed out, I am trying to process a node
twice, in succession.  Gary suggested using XMLFilter classes and pulling
the XML document through multiple sequential filters.  My only problem is
that I need to dynamically set properties in the stylesheet at
runtime.  Normally I would use: transformer.setParameter("foo",
"bar");  However, in the XMLFilter classes there appears to be no method to
set parameters on the transformer contained within the XMLFilter.  =-(

Another question is what other stylesheet processors support the use of
XMLFilters.  I need to be able to use this technology with multiple
different XSL processors, just in case someone decides that a different
processor is "better" for whatever reason.

-dhs