xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardizing build.xml files
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:23:12 GMT
The Alexandria project with Gump, Maveric, et. al.
are doing a great job of keeping all the builds working
with each other.  It also helps with notifying projects
of changes in the API.

But there hasn't been any official documentation or requests
for target naming conventions like I just proposed.  If everyone
likes the approach, Ant should place the information in their
manual (like gnumake does with its conventions)--and all project
leaders should either make the modifications to the build
files or propagate the information to the team (someone will do
it).

Personally, I will copy the proposal to the Avalon and Cocoon
development lists.  It seems that the proposal struck a couple
cords on this list, so we will see if the build scripts change :).