xml-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [Announce] New Crimson distribution
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:11:56 GMT
Ainsi parlait Edwin Goei :
> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> > However, i had problems with build file: the first used target works, the
> > second fails with this error message: build.xml:1: Expected
> > "encoding=...". This doesn't happen after target producing only visual
> > output, as usage. I use ant 1.4
>
> I was not able to reproduce the problem.  The error message you quote
> doesn't make sense because the "encoding=" is optional in an XMLDecl
> according to the spec.  Also, I'm not quite sure I understand in your
> report what works and what does not.
Sorry for having been unclear.
Only the first target works, all other fails. Unless the first target is
something as 'usage', producing no disc output. Thus the following sequence,
using each time a freshly uncompressed archive:
ant jar -> OK
ant anything -> error
or
ant javadoc -> OK
ant anything -> error
while
ant usage -> OK
ant usage -> OK
ant jar -> OK
ant anything -> error
but
ant jar javadoc -> OK
ant anything -> error

> Here is what I did to try and reproduce the problem... use Ant 1.4, used
> code from CVS.
I've tested this with crimson-1.1.2beta2-src.tar.gz and current CVS, with
both my self-build and binary release of ant 1.4.
Note the error message is  "The encoding declaration is required in the text
declaration." with xerces-j 1.4.3 and "Expected "encoding=...". with crimson
(the unknown version packaged with ant 1.4).
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html