xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Canonical XML
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:10:10 GMT

> So it could be interesting to use some package
> namespace like org.apache.security or org.apache.xml.security for things
> like this.

I would be very enthusiastic about a full xml-security project.

-scott

                    Christian Geuer-Pollmann

                    <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-        To:     Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com>,
general@xml.apache.org
                    siegen.de>                             cc:     pmc@xml.apache.org,
(bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                                           Subject:     Re: Canonical XML

                    07/31/2001 02:15 PM

                    Please respond to general

Hi Ted,

--On Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 11:07 -0700 Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com>
wrote:

> [I'm redirecting this again to general, since this is a proposal for a
> code contribution and possibly a project creation]
> I personally would be interested in seeing this happen.  Your initial
note
> in general indicated that you thought that Xalan would  be the best place

for
> this.
> I'd like to see some discussion of where the best home is for this
> implementation.
> Should this get folded into Xerces or Xalan or commons, or should we
> create a new subproject

Well, I'm not sure what's the best place for something like this. With
"Canonical XML", "XML Signature" and "XML Encryption", we have three
standards that are related to XML and Security/Cryptography. This means
that they _use_ Xalan and Xerces, but the do not extend them. For instance,

my "Canonical XML" makes heavy use of the org.apache.xpath package, but it
does not extend it... So it could be interesting to use some package

<geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>