xml-general mailing list archives

From Sriram Rao <sriram....@informix.com>
Subject Losing Internal Subset When Cloning
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:53:16 GMT
Hi,

When deep cloning a DOCUMENT_NODE (of a DOM created using Xerces parser), I
loose the 'internal subset' property of its DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child. That
is, docType.getInternalSubset() (where docType is of type
DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE) returns null. This method however returns the correct
internal subset for the DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child of the DOCUMENT_NODE
(created by parsing XML document into a DOM) from which the clone was created.

Any idea why this is happening? Any work-arounds?

This may not be the correct alias to talk about the Crimson parser (anyone
aware of the correct alias?). However, when using the Crimson parser, deep
clone of the DOCUMENT_NODE completely looses its DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child.
Also, the internal subset is not set for the DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child of
the DOCUMENT_NODE originally created by parsing an XML document.

I would appreciate any help in resolving these issues with Xerces and
Crimson parsers.

Thanks,
Sriram