xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: partial parsing of XML
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:35:10 GMT
Andrew Anand wrote:

> I want to parse a part of the XML file.
> Say for example I want to somehow tell the parser to skip parsing a portion
> of  XML that references a particular child DTD(parameter entity reference
> made in parent DTD).
> Can you please suggest me a way and please note that I do not want to use
> the SAXParser.

The only way I know of that is independant of SAX/DOM is to extend an InputStream
that does  a sort of simplified pseuso-parsing to determine where the base
element is.  From there you can have the stream read from that point to the
end of the end element.

It's ugly and complicated--but it will still work.