xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Xalan/ICU integration bugs?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:48:29 GMT
This kind of question is best answered on the
xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org mailing list - general@xml is for bigger
cross-project issues.

Oh - this is a cross-project issue.  8-)  Since it's a specific
technical question about Xerces/Xalan, I'd ask on thier project's -dev
or -users lists first.
- Shane
---- you "Daniel Crown" <daniel@mailgratis.com.ar> wrote ----

Hello there, I'm running Xalan-1.1 with Xerces-1.4 and ICU 1.6, and I'm
having some weird
problems that I think that might be bugs on the ICU integration.
Please note that I performed the installation _exactly_ as it is
specified
on the docs and I tried to compile all the things on two separate
servers
with different Linux versions (RH 6.2 and 7.0). I also tried using
combinations of Xerces 1.5.1 and ICU 1.8.1. Here goes the problems that
I'm having with ICU and Xalan/Xerces: - If I compile Xerces using the
icu message loader with 'runConfigure -p
linux -m icu -t icu', the file
$XERCESCROOT/src/util/Platforms/Linux/LinuxPlatformUtils.cpp fails to
compile and is not included on the xerces shared object.
The only way to create a working shared object is to compile Xerces
using
the inmem message loader. And below are some strange behaviors: - This
is what happens testing testXSLT on a XML / XSL files encoded with
UTF-8: Using <xsl:output method="html" encoding="iso-8859-1"/>:
[root@neo bin]# ./testXSLT -IN salida.xml -OUT salida.out -TTC
========= Parsing salida.xml ==========
Parse of salida.xml took 10 milliseconds
========= Parsing and preparing http://neo/neo/ab.xsl ==========
Parsing and init of http://neo/neo/ab.xsl took 110 milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
Line #4, Column #25: xsl:template match="/"
Line #5, Column #7: html ... Line #21, Column #47: font
Line #27, Column #32: #text    XSL Warning: Unknown Exception
XSLException Type is : TranscodingException
Message is : An error occurred while transcoding! Using <xsl:output
method="html" encoding="big5"/> gives a segfault:  (or
other shift-jis, etc) [root@neo bin]# ./testXSLT -IN salida.xml -OUT
salida.out -TTC
========= Parsing salida.xml ==========
Parse of salida.xml took 20 milliseconds
========= Parsing and preparing http://neo/neo/ab.xsl ==========
Parsing and init of http://neo/neo/ab.xsl took 120 milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
Line #4, Column #25: xsl:template match="/"
Line #5, Column #7: html ... Line #21, Column #47: font
Line #27, Column #32: #text    XSL Warning: Unknown Exception
Segmentation fault However, if I run testXSLT without any tracing
arguments, the file is
generated correctly for all output encodings. - I have the following
CGI test shell script: #!/bin/sh
echo Content-type: text/plain
echo
/usr/local/src/xml-xalan/bin/testXSLT -IN
/usr/local/src/xml-xalan/bin/salida.xml -OUT /tmp/salida.out The
interesting thing here is that if I run this script from the prompt,
the
output file is created correctly.
However, if I run it as a CGI, the generated output file is a zero
bytes
file. Same happens using Standard Output.
(I have all the ICU and Xalan/Xerces libraries on the path) Do you have
any ideas about what can be causing this? TIA,
~ Daniel C.
UTN FRBA

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com"
 quote="Odo:   [You'd shoot a man in the back?]
        Garak: [Well, it's the safest way, isn't it?]"/>