xml-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Vogelheim <Daniel.Vogelh...@germany.sun.com>
Subject problem with Crimson parser ('%' sign in attribute default)
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:20:50 GMT
Hello all,

I have a problem when trying to read XML files with the Crimson 1.1
parser. The Crimson page refers me to this list.

The problem appears to be a '%' character in an attribute default value.
The relevant DTD fragment looks like this:

<!ATTLIST nspace:element nspace:attribute CDATA "100%">

As I understand the XML spec, this should be OK, and in fact several
parsers I have tried work fine with this. However, if I try to process
files that refer this DTD with Crimson, the parser aborts with an error
message pointing to the line above.

Can someone confirm whether this is a Crimson bug, or is it rather a
problem in the DTD itself?

Thanks,
Daniel Vogelheim