xml-general mailing list archives

From Charles Owen <o...@addr.com>
Subject continuous document; sax
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:55:04 GMT

Hello.

I'm trying to use Crimson to parse a "continuous" XML document using SAX.

More specifically, an xml stream is passing through a socket, and the end of
the document may not arrive for quite some time. However, I'd like the SAX
parser to act on elements as soon as they arrive.

I haven't yet looked at the code, but it seems that the parser is waiting until
it sees an EOF before beginning to parse. (Just a guess. Sorry.)

In any case, the parser simply hangs until I close the socket, then it processes
the document (complaining about things at the end).

Is there a way to do what I want using Crimson?

Thanks for any help,

Charles.