xml-general mailing list archives

From "yudo pria" <y...@rileks.co.id>
Subject generate XML on the fly
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:54:26 GMT
i'm new on this stuff,
and i have a problem when i tried to transform dynamic xml
into html.

i've tried servlet samples packed on xalan-j_2_2_d6.zip
named SimpleXSLTServlet.java.
the code works so fine.

but, in my case, i have thousands elements (products),
so i think it's not a good solution
if i have to generate thousand products into files,
because it means thousands xml files.

so i modify the code on this line :

Source xmlSource = new StreamSource(new URL("file:todo.xml").openStream());

into this line :

Source xmlSource = new StreamSource(new
URL("http://myhost/productXML.cfm?detailID=1891").openStream());

it compiled successfully,
but it returns an error on running :
(i only paste a few first lines)

The markup in the document preceding the root element must be
well-formed.javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The markup in the
document preceding the root element must be well-formed. void
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(javax.xml.transform.S
ource, javax.xml.transform.Result, boolean) void
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(javax.xml.transform.S
ource, javax.xml.transform.Result)

what could be wrong ?
i'm sure the xml is well formed,
because productXML.cfm? runs with no error on MSXML.
and
it works fine when i save the output of
http://myhost/productXML.cfm?detailID=1891
as an .xml file, and I use the xml file to feed the code above.

please ...
i need some help.

thank you,
yudo.