xml-general mailing list archives

From "Frank Chen" <fran...@ms5.hinet.net>
Subject Re: FOP help please...
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:04:50 GMT
Hi, Charlie:

FOP is implemented in Java, and you should find the eaxct class to interpreted by the Java
interpreter. The following
is the batch file that I use to run FOP under Windows MS-DOS command line:

\jdk1.3\bin\java -classpath .;c:\fop\lib\w3c.jar;c:\fop\lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;c:\fop\lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;c:\fop\lib\jimi-1.0.jar;c:\fop\fop.jar
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c conf/userconfig.xml %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

The -c conf/userconfig.xml is optional to you unless you have other fonts to install.

Frank Chen

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charlie Wu
  To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 10:27 AM
  Subject: FOP help please...

  Hi there:

  I downloaded the latest FOP from xml.apache.org and was trying to run some simple tests
from the commandline.. The documentation says you should just run:

  FOP fo_inputfile pdf_outputfile (see http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html)

  but I can't find a FOP.exe or FOP unix binary anywhere.. and since this is java I suspect
there isn't any FOP anywhere anyway.. so I searched google.com and looked for commandline
examples and found many references to calling org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine - but then when
I checked this against the fop.jar there's NO CLASS with that name!! I couuld only find Command,
CommandLineStarter, and CommandLineOptions..

  So what gives????

  Can someone please help me out???

  Thanks

  Charlie