xml-general mailing list archives

From Ben.Pe...@t-online.de (Ben Peter)
Subject keeping crimson from asking for DTDs
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:15:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am working with crimson as packaged with the JAXP-1.1 distribution.

Even though I set it to non-validating and set it to not resolve external
references, crimson will try to access a DTD that is referenced in an XML
file and throw an exception if it cannot. This is attached below.

The scenario in which I am stuck is rather simple: I am trying to parse an
ejb-jar.xml and a weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file on my laptop while offline ;-) I
know that I could keep the DTDs locally on my machine, but that would not be
very useful, as I would have to have the DTD reference point to my local
filesystem. Also, it should be possible to tell crimson to leave the DTD
alone, or am I getting anything wrong?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

The exception an it's stacktrace:

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.bea.com
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3035)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.externalParameterEntity(Parser2.java:2723)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser2.java:1154)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:488)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:304)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)
	at
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:1
79)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:161)
	at
de.bpeter.ejb.utils.wl60speccollect.SpecCollector.loadFiles(SpecCollector.ja
va:22)
	at
de.bpeter.ejb.utils.wlcbgen.ClientBeanGenerator.<init>(ClientBeanGenerator.j
ava:37)
	at de.bpeter.ejb.utils.wlcbgen.Main.main(Main.java:5)