xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: PMC Vote on AxKit Contribution
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:41:23 GMT

> I'll raise this up again: What about creating a apache project where stuff like
> AxKit and Cocoon should better end up instead of xml.apache.org? IIRC Cocoon
> doesn't fit into the charter of xml.apache.org and is only "tolerated" there
> until a better solution is found, right?

First of all - lets make clear that Cocoon is always welcome here.

Though a lot of the XML projects might be concerned with the basics;
parsing, transforming, mangling inout, fudging output; none of that lives
in a vacuum. Cocoon is one of the projects that uses these compoments and
brings valuable application/implementation experience to the table.

In fact it would be more worrysome if we'd be working on such basic's
without having clear 'user's for those basic building blocks, and some
sort of realitiy check.

Dw