xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: cocoon is fundamentally flawed - Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:14:00 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Robert Koberg wrote:

> I did a good deal of work with cocoon 1, so I just skimmed the front page to
> see if anything has changed.  It was not apparent to me after skimming the
> page that this is the case, but I just reread it and looked at your pipeline
> config file and that looks like the right way to do it :) Looks good. Do you
> have GUI front ends for people to manage the configuration (pipeline) files?
> Or are people expected to hand edit them (or create their own guis)?

you gotta check the 'c2 site' area now. i agree that the cocoon site needs
some help - that's what i'm working on as we speak. :). a c2 user is
working on a gui sitemap editor, it looks pretty nice, and he's indicated
his intent to donate the source, although we're not sure if it belongs in
the c2 repository or elsewhere.

> It sounds like I have recently done a good deal of work that was being done
> for me... Very similar design.

heh, isn't that the way of the world. :)

- donald