xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:21:18 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Andy Clark wrote:

> After I finish writing up the docs in the current format, I'm
> going to be looking at bending the StyleBook stylesheets (not
> the engine) to my will so that I can create a whole new look
> for Xerces2. If I'm able to do that, then I will definitely
> making it much less graphics heavy.

hear, hear.

> I'll finish reading the rest of this thread before I ask the
> following questions:
>
>   [Q] Is Cocoon2 ready? (and how big is it?)

pretty much. the webapp i'm creating for the cocoon web site is a tad
under 5M, but that's only because it includes all required libraries.
the cocoon jar itself is 600k.

>   [Q] Can it be used in stand-alone mode?

if you're asking can it be used to generate a static set of files for a
web site, then yes, although it is not our desire to deploy it on
apache.org that way.

- donald