xml-general mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject +1 to Docbook ( was: Re: -1 to Anakia )
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:36:45 GMT
+1 for docbook

It seems we have "old" stylebook, "new" stylebook, "jakarta-site" style
( or however the DTD is called ). AFAIK none of those are clearly
documented or defined - and we have quite a few variations already.

Everyone outside apache is using either DocBook or plain HTML - for the
simple reason that those are the standards. We like to use XML because
it's "standard", but when it comes to the DTDs and tag sets - we invent
our own format(s).

The result of this is visible in the current mess of tag styles and site
generation.

The idea that each project can invent it's own set of tags for
documentations doesn't seem to work very well.

Costin