xml-general mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: -1 to Anakia
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:49:38 GMT
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> I don't usually take a non-moveable stand on things, but at least the Xalan
> project will be using Anakia over my dead, bloodied body.  Nor do I think
> the rest of apache should adapt it... I've had arguments Jon before about
> why I think XSLT & JAXP 1.1 is better.

+1 on your -1, I had the exact same position regarding tomcat - but it
seems they'll still use anakia for tomcat ( over my dead, bloodied body ).

> If someone pulls out the ". Anakia seems to perform much faster than
> Xalan's XSL processor at creating pages. (23 pages are generated in 7-8

No, they just say XSL and docbook are "too complex", and HTML is not
powerfull enough - so they had to define the DTD and a new transformation
language.

Soon we'll hear that HTTP1.1 is too compex and we'll have an attp protocol
and server.

Costin
( I just gave up on the whole issue - now I'm just trying to ignore the
whole issue )