xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject RE: Capturing relevant source document during XSLT processing
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:45:09 GMT

Hi Brian,

You might want to take a look at the trace facilities in Xalan.  For
example, you can be notified when a node is selected for transformation, or
you can be notified of events that generate the result tree.  Other events
include tracing templates as they are matched, and tracing template
children as they are processed.

These interfaces are proprietary, so your code would be Xalan-specific.
See the class TraceListener for more details.

Dave

                    "Brian Tol"

                    <briant@image        To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    group.com>           cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     RE: Capturing relevant source document

                    07/02/2001           during XSLT processing

                    09:59 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130404462/o/qid=994089696/sr=2-
> 1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/104-1224542-6158306

Thanks for the lead. I've actually done quite a bit with XSLT through
Xalan and Saxon and own several XSLT books. What I'm looking for is a
method of modifying the XSLT processor to record and output which nodes
were used in a transformation to be used with a searching system that
returns transformed documents based on relevant source documents (e.i.,
search the source documents and return the relevant documents based on
the source documents).

I thought maybe other XML tools might have similar functionality of
recording such sets of nodes, so I started with the general list.

Sorry if my first post was ambiguous: I'll look harder at XSLT-specific
lists.

Thanks,
Brian