xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: PMC Vote on AxKit Contribution
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:15:35 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> I'll raise this up again: What about creating a apache project where
stuff like
> AxKit and Cocoon should better end up instead of xml.apache.org? IIRC
> doesn't fit into the charter of xml.apache.org and is only "tolerated"
> until a better solution is found, right?

IMHO, Cocoon will always be welcome here.

Also IMHO, the potential future donation of AxKit brings a separate project
parallel to xml.apache.org for cocoon and related software that much closer
to reality.

My input the last time this topic came up is the same that I'm giving now:
building a community takes a long of effort.  Given his role with the
original forming of the Cocoon project and with the early development of
both the Jakarta and XML communities, I see the chances for a successful
outcome for all concerned to be greater if you can wait until Stefano can
give such activities his full attention.  But if, for some reason, the
consensus is that the need is urgent, I would support the forming of a
separate PMC.

- Sam Ruby